Following the First Ministers announcement on 29th May, Wales Golf has received clarification from the Welsh Government. The following additional guidelines will come into force from 1st June 2020.
All guidelines outlined previously remain in force.
“As a general rule for most people anything within about five miles of your home is considered local “
“Members of two separate households to meet outdoors at anyone time as long as they stay local and maintain social distancing”.
Taking the above into consideration, the following groupings will be allowed when playing golf, when the travel is ‘local’:
• Individuals playing golf on their own
• Two players from one household
• Two players from different households
Play in groups of three or four-balls will be permitted:
• Three players from one household
• Two players from one household with one from another household
• Four players from one household
• Two players from one household with two from another household
• One player from one household and three from another household
Physical distancing guidelines and industry guidelines must be adhered to before, during and after the round.
Any deliberate failure by a member to follow the conditions outlined will result in immediate suspension from the Club, and a disciplinary hearing will follow.
The guidelines may be subject to change in line with any future announcements made by the Welsh Government.
At the end of your round, please leave the Club immediately and avoid any unnecessary social contact.
The pro shop remains closed until further notice.
Your co-operation during these unprecedented times is much appreciated.
Abergele Golf Club